Battle on the Beach Revisited: Program Agenda
Program subject to change.
Saturday, January 25, 2014
7:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- 7:00 am Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 7:55Welcome and Overview Ta Chen Peter Chang, MD and Richard K. Parrish, II, MD
8:00 - 9:45 Session I: IOP Measurement – Is Applanation Still the Only Game in Town?
- 8:00 Glaucoma Medications, IOP and Pregnancy – IOP Control at What Risk? Elizabeth Hodapp, MD
- 8:20 Pediatric Eye Care and IOP Measurement Alana L. Grajewski, MD
- 8:40 Case Presentations Panelists: Alana L. Grajewski, MD; Elizabeth Hodapp, MD; and Anna K. Junk, MD
- 9:15 Questions and Answers
- 9:45 am Refreshment Break
10:00 - 11:45 Session II: Medications - New Drops, New Combinations and New Delivery Methods: Fact or Fantasy?
- 10:00 “Rock On” – Rho Kinase Inhibitors – On the Cover of Rolling Stone? Richard K. Parrish, II, MD
- 10:20 How “BAD” is BAC? – Preservative-free Considerations? Victor L. Perez, MD and Stephen C. Pflugfelder, MD
- 10:40 Case Presentations Panelists: Anna K. Junk, MD; John T. Lind, MD, MS; Richard K. Parrish, II, MD; Victor L. Perez, MD; and Stephen C. Pflugfelder, MD
- 11:15 Questions and Answers
- 11:45 am Lunch
12:30 - 3:00 Session III: Is this Surgical Hyperspace or Just “Hype”?
- 12:30 Do Glaucoma Implants Have You “Seeing Double”? Ta Chen Peter Chang, MD
- 12:40 Getting to Schlemm’s Canal from the Inside Out – Part I Davinder S. Grover, MD, MPH
- 12:50 Getting to Schlemm’s Canal from the Inside Out – Part II Hady Saheb, MD
- 1:00 Glaucoma Surgery from the Inside Out Paul F. Palmberg, MD, PhD
- 1:10 Scrap the Flap! New Trabs-Scleral Aqueous Drainage Devices Paul F. Palmberg, MD, PhD
- 1:20 Canaloplasty and Trabectome – Primary Glaucoma Interventions? Davinder S. Grover, MD, MPH
- 1:30 Keratoprostheses and Glaucoma – Managing the “Can’t Have One Without the Other” Problem Victor L. Perez, MD
- 1:40 What Makes a Difference to the Practicing Glaucoma Specialist? John T. Lind, MD, MS
- 1:50 What Does it Take to Get a New Glaucoma Device on the Market? Richard K. Parrish, II, MD
- 2:00 Case Presentations Panelists: Davinder S. Grover, MD, MPH; Paul F. Palmberg, MD, PhD; Hady Saheb, MD; and Sarah R. Wellik, MD
- 2:30 Questions and Answers
- 3:00 pm Refreshment Break
3:15 - 4:45 Session IV: Imaging Insanity – When will it Stop?
- 3:15 Is Spectral Domain OCT as Good as it is Going to Get for a While? Donald L. Budenz, MD, MPH
- 3:30 “Red Disease” – Not Another Missile Crisis in South Florida Richard K. Lee, MD, PhD
- 3:45 Case Presentations Panelists: Donald L. Budenz, MD, MPH; Richard K. Lee, MD, PhD; and Sarah R. Wellik, MD
- 4:15 Questions and Answers
- 4:45 pm Adjourn/Cocktail Reception