At Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, we recognize the significance of pledged gifts which provide support through time. Pledged gifts have helped build research labs, staffed clinics, funded scientific discoveries, and supported the education of tomorrow’s leading physicians and scientists.
As donations to Bascom Palmer Eye Institute accumulate, recognition levels advance. Donors have the opportunity to make a pledge and payment over a designated time frame or simply make an outright gift. Previous philanthropic giving to Bascom Palmer Eye Institute is credited to the respective giving society levels. Bascom Palmer Eye Institute donors also will be recognized as donors to the University of Miami.
Giving Societies and corresponding commitment payable over five years:
- Friend – $5,000 to $9,000
- Vision – $10,000 to $49,999
- Founder – $50,000 to $99,999
- Luminary – $100,000 to $499,999
- Norton – $500,000 to $999,999
- Bascom Palmer – $1,000,000 and above
- Gables Society – $5,000,000 and above
- Miami Society – $10,000,000 and above
- Millennium Society – $50,000,000 and above
- Anastasia Society – $100,000,000 and above
- Society for Encouraging Endowment – Planned Giving
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, as part of the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, is a not-for-profit, 501c3 corporation and as such, all gifts, contributions, and donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.