Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, one of the world’s premier providers of ophthalmic care, offers exceptional service to international patients seeking treatment for all types of eye diseases and disorders.
With facilities in Miami, Palm Beach Gardens, Naples and Plantation, Florida, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute – the Department of Ophthalmology for the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine was founded as a regional eye center for the Southeastern United States, the Caribbean, and Central and South America. Today, Bascom Palmer is consistently ranked as the top ophthalmic hospital in the United States.
Bascom Palmer offers excellent care in all areas of ophthalmic sub-specialties, diagnostic procedures and ancillary care, including:
- Cataracts, Corneal & External Diseases
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology
- Intraocular Tumors
- Laser Vision Correction / Refractive Surgery
- Macular Degeneration
- Ophthalmic Oncology
- Ophthalmic Plastic, Lacrimal and Orbital Diseases
- Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
- Retinal and Macular Diseases and Disorders
- Retinopathy of Prematurity
As a UHealth International patient you will have a personal own health care coordinator who will take care of every aspect of your treatment. Your UHealth International coordinator will ensure that you and your family have access to the UHealth cutting-edge research, state-of-the-art technology, and compassionate care.
A UHealth International coordinator will assist with:
- Coordination of care with all UHealth specialties and hospitals
- Financial clearance for self-pay and insured patients
- Logistic services:
- Assistance with visa letters
- Transportation information to, from, and around the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine campus
- Access to hotels contracted with the University of Miami
- Access to rental car discounts
- Multilingual staff
- For a complete listing of discounted rates on local hotels, click here
- For selected discounts on rental cars, click here
At Bascom Palmer, interpreters are available at no cost to assist communication between health care providers and patients whose primary language is not English.
Bascom Palmer also has Video Remote Interpretation (VRI), which is a videotelecommunication service that uses devices such as web cameras or videophones to provide sign language or spoken language interpreting services in place of an interpreter at the location.
Each Bascom Palmer Eye Care Center has VRI devices available for use.
Patient Care Is Our Primary Goal
Toll Free in the U.S. 1-877-442-8676